Monday, August 22, 2005

And so it Goes, and so it goes

"And so will I soon I suppose" Sorry - a little Billy Joel flashback there. The self-fringing shawl is finished and turned out gorgeous - Tartelette is one of my very favorite yarns. My Aunt will love the shawl for Christmas.

I'm turning the heel on the ankle sock and should have it finished tomorrow. One sweater is seamed and the other is waiting for the children to take a nap today. I'll also finish up the toe on that felted stocking (it's only been waiting since last Christmas right?) tonight as all I have to do is transfer to dpn and work a few more rows. Things are getting checked off my list one by one and it feels great! Of course I ordered more yarn Saturday night so I'm not really stashbusting huh?

I ordered from knitpicks and ybtb.com From knitpicks I got yarn to make a lace shawl for a Christmas gift and sock yarn - also for Christmas gifts. From yarn by the bag I got some thick & thin wool to make more sweaters for the kids - I was going to get one color and make a sweater that I could hand down from one child to the next, but Anna wouldn't be swayed from the pink - so they'll have matching sweaters in different colors. Now I just have to keep knitting (and faster even) to get everything finished by self-imposed deadlines.

On a new note: Casey started his new job today and I am a nercous wreck waiting to hear how it's going!

I'll keep you posted!
AmyDe

No comments: