Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm AmyDe and THIS is the Weekend Report...

Had a great weekend! On Saturday we drove up with my father to Dayton, TN to meet an old friend of his. Dayton is where the Scopes trial was held and they do a re-enactment & such. We didn't watch the re-enactment as it was about 5000 degrees outside, but we had a good time.

Sunday I had a crafty day with Katey. Katey brought her sewing machine over and we worked and played and ate pizza. Laurie was on call, Jana had other plans, and Andrea was on a plane to Arizona. We had a good time and I hope we can do it again soon when everyone can make it.

Katey and I were trying to wrap our mind around installing a zipper into a lined purse WITHOUT having to hand stitch the lining to the zipper. After both our brains exploded we gave up for a while and I finally figured it out last night and today. I had success this afternoon and will be perfecting my pattern/execution later this week.

Katey made a really cute wallet and I cut out fabric for little snappy coin purses/pocket wallets. They are a great size for carrying your ID, checkcard, and a little cash when you don't want to carry a purse. They are finished now and with the exception of smashing my finger with the hammer while setting snaps - they were really fun to make. I'll have photos tomorrow.

I started teaching Anna to sew today and we made two little felt pillows (pink of course) for her babies. I'll have photos of those tomorrow as well since her babies are sleeping right now and can't be disturbed.

It's been fun around here and I am enjoying using what I have. I haven't been out shopping in over a week - it's crazy! Oh well!

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

No comments: