Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oh MY GOSH!!!!

She Knits!

Short Row to Mexico

It's true that you learn something new everyday. Above is my very first short-row heel. I used More Sensational Knitted Socks as reference and away I went. It was easy (if a little tedious) and will fit Casey's heel more comfortably than a heel flap/turn. Yeah - buggar complained about having "ears" on the heels of the last pair - sucker is lucky to get handmade socks in the first place right? {Honey, I'm just kidding - I am enjoying making these and am glad to learn something new so they fit perfectly - after all that's the point of custom clothing}

This yarn - Fortissima Socka Color Mexico something (I don't know it's called Mexico and we (the shop) ordered it through Skacel so it's made like trekking only it's a little thicker than trekking) is a DREAM to work with. it's rugged and soft and super sproingy. Oh the colors! I almost wish I had more. Almost.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

3 comments:

Grumpy said...

Pretty! :)

The Pattern Slave said...

short row heels rock!!

Bethany said...

This is your first heel?!!! You did perfectly! I don't know how to do this yet... my socks are always those spiral ones because I'm too afraid of heels. I will have to look for that book!