Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Like Jet Fuel for Mommies

coffee
Ah, coffee!

I could sing it's praises from mountain tops (forget that it stains teeth, is hard on my kidneys, and effects of over consumption of caffeine v. calcium absorbtion are still in question -scroll down halfway). Coffee is my friend.

I'm not a regular morning coffee drinker. This week I began making coffee in the morning as things are kind of chili around here until about 11 when the sun warms things up. [Casey and I are in a 'heated' debate over when to turn the heater on b/c it's still so warm during the day - I'll probably have to cave this weekend if rain comes in] I am finding myself more productive and energized (and quite possibly unbearable to those around me, though no one has mentioned it yet). Who knew? All those "It Moms" must be drinking coffee by the gallon.

I know there are those who do not like coffee (freaks) or even prefer *gasp* TEA (so what if that's my favorite Yerba Mate cup in the photo), but for me, for now, coffee is my energy drink of choice.

What is your 'Mommy Jet Fuel?'

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

3 comments:

Leciawp said...

love coffee too - but limit to one per day.

Bethany said...

I can't live without coffee. I love tea too, but if I don't have my coffee in the morning, I'm slow moving all day! It also helps me lose weight, especially if I drink it instead of anything with sugar in it. And Starbucks lattes are my special treat to celebrate things! (like taking a shower before noon, getting the groceries, finishing a project....) ;)

The Pattern Slave said...

Coke. despite now being in the land of Fourbux.