Friday, August 27, 2010

Finding Joy Friday

Thanks Angela for the reminder to look for joy in little things (check her out at Plains Life).

This week:

*I'm feeling better and not having as much pain with these stupid kidney stones, but when I do I have really good drugs to help.

*The possibility of major change in our lives.

*Dyeing my hair purple - doing the touch ups at home so I don't either pay my stylist every 10 days (NOT) or live with the fading.

*Feeling positively prehistoric when Toby asked me who 'Pebbles' is and when answered replied "What's The Flintstones?"

*The kids telling really bad knock-knock jokes in the car.

*Anna sewing her own American Doll clothes.

*Casey's always sweet generosity in taking care of me when I'm not feeling well.

*Good friends who don't judge when you email them high on pain meds and remind you to take care of yourself.

*Being thankful for every moment of every day we're given.

Where are you finding JOY this week?

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

*Glad you are feeling better... been thinking about ya!

*OMG after looking at the HS rules, I rescind my offer! LOL!

*Purple?

*WOW You must be Ancient! LOL!

*The best ones are by the 4 yr old who doesn't really get the joke!

*Now that is cool... got patterns or links?

*He'd do well to teach mine that! LOL!

*Emails from the High Friend are cool!

*Even the times when the littlest is screaming on your lap just because she can???? (ha, okay I suck it up!)

I'm totally borrowing this post and writing some on mine... I needed a Friday post anyway! :)