Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not Quite Vacation,

But there was still fun to be had.

100_2151
Riley, Toby, Casey, Anna, Xander, Mimi, Anslea

100_2158
Toby & Anna on the pier

 Froggy 1 photo
Cutest teeny frogs and toads caught by my kiddos at our rental house (sorry AmyN)

I mentioned yesterday that we spent some time in Gulf Shores, AL.  Unfortunately it was for a memorial service.  Casey's Grandmother passed away last week after a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease.  The service was lovely and even fun (think wake-ish but we're not Catholic) as stories were told and memories shared.

We did get out to the beach for a little while and then to the pier the next morning.  We saw a sea turtle, a shark, played in the sand and the rain, and hunted frogs and toads and millipedes.  I spotted the largest butterfly I've ever seen in my life.   It was hot and muggy (93 degrees + 78% humidity = heat index of 113 degrees - AT 7 A.M.) and stormy and a little frantic (I'm not fond of last minute travel with two kids and two beagles), but it was good too.

While I wish it was a more relaxed trip with more time for sun and sand, we are all glad to be home.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

anunmaker said...

eeewwww frogs!!! Next time you are in my neck of the woods, let me know!