I have allergies. My allergies are neither normal, regular run of the mill pollen, dust, cats allergies, nor epi-pen carrying bee, peanut, strawberry allergies. NO, they fall somewhere in the obscure range of the rest of my life.
I have a sulfa allergy - not too uncommon - but I also have a sulfite hypersensitivity (they are unrelated - weird huh?). I have to read the labels of everything and stay away from common ingredients like wine, shellfish, dried fruit, and now it seems COUGH DROPS! Apparently Ludens Cherry Cough drops are poison to me. They are made of Pectin which is on the "These things will KILL you list" Good to know - NOW!
So many many doses of benedryl and asthma inhaler and lots of very nice naps later I am almost a functioning member of the human race again. I still can't walk up the stairs quickly (lest I cough myself into oblivion), but it also gets me out of housework.
BTW: can't take advil cold & sinus anymore either It's FUN learning things the hard way right?
I'll keep you posted!