Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another FO for Casey & Whip-Up.Net

Socks! Finally his socks are finished. Once I resolved to just rip out and rework the toe and then decided to rework the heel (he hated the dutch heel called for in the pattern) they were really easy and quick to finish.

Yarn: Great Adirondack Soxie Merino Superwash (I don't remember the colorway)
and Knitpick Essential (the brown parts)
Pattern: From Knitting Vintage Socks
Needles: Turbos size 2 (2-circ method)


I am glad that I decided to use contrasting heels/toes otherwise I wouldn't have had enough yarn. The Soxie has plenty for ladies' socks, but for men's socks they run a little short.

Casey's Socks

Casey's Socks Close-Up

BTW: Thanks to the WhipUp folks for the mention about the Flickr group yesterday. I was thrilled! I feel famous! Have you joined the group yet? - Hey go do that now.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

Cloudberry said...

Love the colour :)