Friday, September 15, 2006

WIP Friday (and then some)

I've been such a slacker about the groups I've joined, but I'm here now and I LOVE fall. I feel so motivated and energized. I've been working on this pink Mock Entrelac wrap for a little over a week now and I'm almost finished.

Pink Wrap Pink Wrap Close-Up

It's made from Kid Seta (which is like kidsilk haze or doceour et soie) and a rayon cord from Cascade called Fiesta. The cord either used to be called rio or is now called Rio - I'm not sure, but my label says Fiesta. It's really a very quick knit (if I'd work on it consistenly) and lots of fun. It is sooooo soft!

Also - I had fun at the yarn shop last night. Susan, our Schaefer Yarns dealer (I'm sure I meant Rep) brought her bags and bags of yarny goodness and this is what I came away with:

The Haul
It's gooooood!
That's 4 skeins of Nancy in an odd-lot colorway to make a cardigan or a basic "sweatshirt" style sweater for yours truly, 2 skeins of Knitty D & Wendy's Favorite :Anne (the only two she had, which will be over-dyed), Another skein of Nancy to make a sweater for my little Toby-nater, and one skein of Soxie by Great Adirondack (not from Susan) in a colorway called "Caution!" It's hot pink and Lime Green with a little orange and acid green - really more pink than my so-so photo shows.

As if that's not enough yarn and money...

I am ordering though the shop ANDREA from Schaefer Yarns. It is gorgeous lace weight silk. This will be next years knitting as I am ordering 5 skeins of it at 1053 yards/skein. Go check out their color pages - they have GREAT colors. I ordered Andrea in Frida Kahlo, Catherine The Great, Gertrude Ederle, Indira Gandhi, and Clara Barton. I wanted a dozen more colors, but well - we have to eat.

OK - I've babbled as long as I possibly can - time to kick my day into high gear and finish up the things that must be done.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

3 comments:

anunmaker said...

You bought the Caution! I kept looking at it...but it was so outside my budget. I want to take a look at that ANNE though...you working Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Why, why, why did I have to be on call THIS particular Thursday? Stupid babies.

FaeryCrafty said...

Very very pretty!!