Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas and Stuff

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and got to spend time with loved ones and friends.

We spent our Christmas quietly - which is my favorite - playing games and watching movies and Dr. Who "It's smaller on the outside."  So Much Fun!

I caught up on sewing Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt.  I am enjoying the one step at a time process as it isn't overwhelming.  More information about the mystery quilt and each of the steps is found HERE.  The Link-up to see others' progress is HERE.  There are some lovely color choices and fun blogs to be discovered on the linky page.

Untitled
Easy Street Step 4 part 1

Untitled
Easy Street Step 4 Part 2

Untitled
Easy Street Step 5

THIS:
Untitled
1937 Loveliness

is my Christmas gift!  It's a 1937 Singer Featherweight and we got a SWEET deal on it - even when you factor the 4 hour round trip for pick up in Eatonton, GA (though Casey might do that math a bit differently).

I love it!

There is much sewing happening in these parts, some of which I still can't show here and the rest of which is still in progress.  I hope to have more finishes and pictures soon, but Casey's home for several more days and we're having so much fun goofing off and playing board games that I'm not worrying too much about 'progress.'  There will be time for progress later - right now it's time for fun.

Untitled
Ahsoka Tano driving the Roush Mustang Supercar
I'll keep you posted!
AmyDe

9 comments:

tubakk said...

Nice to see some other colours too. Love your sewing machine.

TLC said...

Love your colors! Watched my first ever episode of DR. Who this week!

Debra said...

Your colours look great together. I would love a sewing machine like yours too, very appropriate name.

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street is done in such happy colours - love it! I hope we start joining them into bigger blocks this week. Gorgeous featherweight - yep, well worth the trip.

Jill said...

I LOVE your cheerful Easy Street colors :) Your quilt will be beautiful! My 15 year old daughter is hooked on Dr. Who, and I've started watching with her.

Beth said...

Love your pink in the quilt. That is a fantastic Christmas gift!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your Featherweight, I inherited one this summer, I think mine is from 1942. They were made to last. I actually learned how to sew as a little girl on one. Glad to see you posting again!

Angie in SoCal said...

Really like your colors - I love that shade of pink. Congrats on your "new" machine.

AmyDe said...


Thanks all for the sweet comments and the complements on my color choices. Andrea, I hope you love your machine and all the memories it holds - inheritance is bittersweet.