Saturday, February 07, 2009

In a Book - or 12 or 13

That's where I've been. Well there and crafting, but more on that another day.

I've been reading LOTS lately and between that, hitting a groove with homeschooling, the kids activities, and more - I've neglected my poor little blog. I'll correct that in short order, but for now back to books.

So far this year I've read:

Knit Two - Kate Jacobs which felt sort of forced - glad I borrowed it from the library instead of buying it.

The Quilter's Apprentice - Jennifer Chiaverini charming and interesting - this was recommended by several friends and I'm glad I finally checked it out.

You're Broke Because You Want to Be - Larry Winget - interesting and in your face - Larry's not for everyone - I liked it and while it didn't really tell me much new - I liked the format and the "swift kick" attitude.

Financial Peace Revisited - Dave Ramsey - Dave's stuff is sound advice. I liked this edition as it had "looking back" perspective added.

Shut Up, Stop Whining, & Get a Life - Larry Winget - Again - Larry's NOT for everyone, but I am SO on the same page with most of his thinking.

Round Robin - Jennifer Chiaverini - as charming as the first and I am looking forward to the third book of the Elm Creek series.

Go Green, Live Rich - David Bach - Most I already knew, but it's always good to be reminded.

A Sister's Secret - Wanda Brunstetter - I love these books - they are interesting and wholesome - very refreshing - usually what I read after I've read several Alex Cross book in a row - to restore my faith in humanity and balance out the heinous images.
A Sister's Test - Wanda Brunstetter
A Sisters Hope - Wanda Brunstetter

Things I Learned From Knitting - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee - Always funny and fun to read. I'll have to see if "Free Range" is available at the library or from a friend.

A Wife After God's Own Heart - Elizabeth George - While I don't agree with everything I realize that more is required of me and I apprecited the timing and material.

Cat & Mouse - James Patterson - Book 4 of the Alex Cross series. Better than some and I like the series so I'll keep reading them for a while.

What are you reading? Please share in the comments and let me know what you think of the books?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hmmm...what am I reading? Let's see, I've been reading:

The Honor Harrington series, but I'm at the end (thank goodness...I'm ready to be done, but I have to get to the end of things!)

The last two books in Twilight so my daughter can talk about them to me.

So Sexy So Soon - a real confirmation about why we need to be conscious of who and what are/is influencing our children (I blogged about this one).

The Forgotten Man - a non-fiction book about the Great Depression. Definitely a real eye opener.

1984 - Ugh...I slogged through it and hope to never read it again, but it was definitely worthwhile...again, a real eye opener.

Liberal Fascism - it was a 14-day rental at the library and I couldn't get more than 100 pages into in 14 days...very deep, very meaty and I'm looking for a used copy so I can read the entire book at my leisure.

Erin said...

P.S. Love Larry Winget's approach, and Dave Ramsey is always a good refresher. Don't know much about any of the other ones.

Grumpy said...

The girls and I are listening to the Septimus Heap Series by Angie Sage (Magyk, Flyte, Physik, and Queste)

I'm listening to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon on audio. And the 2nd in the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.

I've been too busy knitting to read!