Monday, June 04, 2007

Menu Monday

It's that time again - last week I didn't plan and we ate an embarrassing amount of take-out so we're back on track this week b/c our wallets and waistlines need us to be. Plus if I have to look at another Wendy's baked potato and side salad again I think I might flip out.

Most often I don't cook from recipes, but when I do they are Rachael Ray's. I find them tasty, easy, and best of all QUICK - it IS what she's known for after all. I have many of her cookbooks, but my favorite two - mostly b/c of formatting - are 365 No Repeats and Express Lane Meals. I LOVE them and when we're in a rut (like now) they really help us out.

I write all over the pages with notes about what to buy (other than pantry staples) and any changes I have to make b/c of preferences. I also make notes about which dinners we really enjoy. It's fun and I am so glad that Rachael bears the criticism she receives with "a grain of salt" because her methods and recipes make my life easier and my family's meals more fun.

This week I'm in 365 No Repeats b/c that's what was by the couch when I got hungry and started making a grocery list. If you have Rachael's books I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If you don't have her books give her recipes from her website a try to check her out. It's easy and fun. Oh and if you want to purchase one of her books I'd try Express Lane Meals first - it's got great recipes and the format and concept of the "Pantry" will revolutionize the way you think about dinner. Express Lane Meals truly makes it easy for the quick stop on the way home from work to be the grocery store instead of the fast food chain.

I know I sound like "This has been a paid advertisement for Rachael Ray Enterprises" It's not I swear (though I wonder if I could arrange it), I just love and appreciate Rachael's efforts and her approach.

Monday: Chicken Salad Croissants, Mandarin Oranges, Carrot Sticks, Chips

Tuesday: Rosemary Corncakes with Prosciutto and Chicken Sausages, Fruit Salad
(#19 in Rachael Ray's 365 No Repeats)

Wednesday: Couple-of-Minute Steaks and Potato Ragout, Peas w/onions, Pineapple Casserole
(#47 in RR 365 No Repeats)

Thursday: Peasant Soup, Crusty Bread, Strawberry Shortcake
(#118 in RR 365 No Repeats)

Friday: Pork Chops with Grainy Mustard, Steamed Veggies, Rice, Peaches
(#111 in RR 365 No Repeats)

Saturday: Chicken Thighs w/Potatoes & peas, Crusty Bread, Spinach Salad, Fresh Cherries, Brownies
(#50 in RR 365 No Repeats)

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your menu plan looks fabulous--mmm..Strawberry shortcake!!