1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I like any yarn that is quality - this does not necessarily mean "yarn-shop" yarn - believe me in the shop where I work we have seen some doozies from the high-end companies - I like yarn that is soft, drapes well, and wears well.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet and would LOVE to learn drop spinning, but as yet have not ventured down the spinning route.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Anything & Everything - from handmade cases to the top drawer of the iris cart.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'm an intermediate plus skill level, but many of the projects I really like are very simple - they can be knit quickly and comfortably - without a lot of complication. I like attention to detail and excellent finishing, but I'm not into lots of complex cabling or fair-isle - too much work and the kids tend to outgrow the project before it's off the needles.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes - Amazon and knitpicks (I think - I'll update them both this week)
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, Cinnamon, CITRUS is always good!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like candy (don't need to eat it, but...) I like sour candy - sweettarts, jolly ranchers (not peach), white chocolate, and Godiva strawberry cordials (can't eat the cherry ones - allergies)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love to sew and I craft things with my kids all the time.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
MP3 yes - Harry Connick, JR (but I have everything recorded already), Peter Cincati, Ray Charles, Broadway Musicals, Buddy Greene (Christian artist), Allison Krause, Dianna Krall, They Might Be Giants (again I have the whole collection) - Wow that's a strange conglomeration huh?
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
RED!!!! I also love pink, purple, Green - not crazy about blue, can't wear earthy tones, I really love most colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 2 Kids Girl 5 Boy 3, 3 Dogs, Fish
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
None of the above, but I love to make them all for the family and friends
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
That's too hard a question! I like wool bunches and any soft wool is always a good choice - though living in the south where it is currently 69 degrees on January 9 - wool can be tricky. I love sock yarns - lately Lorna's Laces - though all yarn is good yarn!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really do like them all - not crazy about yarns that look like you killed a muppet to make your sweater, though even those have their place - but other than that...
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks are always an obsession - weird to me though - it must be the yarn. I also LOVE to knit for my kids so anything fun and preferably washable (even if just by hand) is a good choice
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters for my kids, socks, and baby things
17. What are you knitting right now?
2 pair of socks, a baby sweater, 2 scarves (for shop), and crocheting an afghan
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Metal or hardwood - I use turbos and old metal needles mostly (for speed)
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but have access to both at the shop.
22. How did you learn to knit?
From a book and with a little help from a friend.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months? It will stay UFO too - purse kit from H***
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Keroppi (now discontinued) from the Hello Kitty line is a favorite, Maisy Mouse and Miffy the bunny are alo favorites (gee I have kids - who knew?) LOVE Mickey Mouse, and Figment. Favorite animals are doggies and favorite birds - can't choose - they are all so wonderful - Cardinals, Blue birds, Robins, penguins, Hummingbirds, parrots - any bird is wonderful
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I guess Valentine's Day, but NOT for romantic reasons. I really hate the pressure and how sickly sweet things can often get, but I love red and I love pink and I love hearts and since the first day of Spring is not technically a holiday - I suppose Valentine's Day tops the list.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not specifically - I like lots of things, but don't really focus on any one item or theme.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave is the only one I have right now.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
LOVE Koigu - have none right now, Books are like heaven, and nice sock yarn is always a hit!!! (Oh and on a non-knitting note - I love Japanese craft books like Zakka)
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I think I'd better practice what I know for now.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 8 wide shoe - I'll update with more accurate measurements soon
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)