Friday, January 06, 2006

Outlook for 2006

I've been going through books and magazines and making lists (for my cute little S & B design journal) of the projects I really like. I've thus concretely determined what I already knew to be true - too many projects, too little time. That's ok - at least there is a plethora of inspiration to draw upon.

I think this year's gift knitting begins now. I'll knit things (from the stash of course) and put them in the Gift drawer - then come holidays I'll be ready right? OK - pick yourself up off the floor from laughing so hard and share in my delusion for a bit - let's call it willful suspension of disbelief. I mean come on - we'va all watched an episode of Star Trek and enjoyed it for the hour - let me enjoy this for a moment anyway. It's good to dream big right?

Oh well - all this is just a diversion from the cleaning, washing, etc. I should be doing. Hey it's working for me so far!

I've completed 2 scarves (almost 3) - they are for the shop - I don't normally make scarves for any other reason - a pair of fingerless mitts, and a cute child's vest that had been in the frog pond for a WHILE (finally ripped it and started over - it only took two days to finish the whole thing) and today is only the 6th. Hey, at least I'm having fun in my delusion right!

I'll keep you posted!
AmyDe

No comments: