Thursday, March 31, 2011

How to Get Out of Making Lunch...

I think I've mentioned here before that I HATE making lunch.  Big Breakfast? Lovely Dinner? Yes, those I am good at, but lunch - UGH!  So here are 3 no fail ways to get out of making lunch for your children.

1.  Starve your children.
I stopped buying most packaged foods - even the organic healthy ones so apparently "There's nothing to eat!" and they're "STAAARRRVIING!"  Eventually they get creative and begin to realize that apples, oranges, bananas, celery, and strawberries are actually foods - foods they enjoy even.  Of course it helps if you just bought one of those countertop apple peelie/slicie thingies that looks to children like a fun torture device.

2. Be Sick (ie unavailable) for a week.
Children are resourceful little buggars and hungry children are doubly so.  If you happen to have a massive chest cold that makes going downstairs to the kitchen feel like you've run a marathon (and lost) your kids will figure out how to make all sorts of things - peanut butter and honey crackers, cheese sandwiches, microwave leftovers - all kinds of things.  Of course when you DO feel like heading down to the kitchen - BEWARE - I didn't say this was a "Get Out Of Lunch FREE" plan.

3. Keep the cereal where the kids can reach it.
One of the few packaged items I still stock regularly.  Just be sure the your Honey brings home milk (since you're still sick) or there will be serious mutiny.

There you have it.  3 No fail ways to get out of making lunch.

I'm feeling better now and after unearthing my kitchen have quickly cooked up all the produce from last weeks Garden box (you know - just in time for this week's delivery).   I'll tell you about those adventures tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

No comments: