Thursday, October 14, 2010

Can You Hear Them?

Pathways

There is something inspiring and transforming about pathways.

Pathways are filled with questions and stories that run a play in my head.  "How did it get here?  Where does it go?"  My favorite of these and many questions about pathways is "Who has travelled here?"

Pioneers?  Farmers?  Merchants?

Were they children chasing one another on the walk home from school, or friends carrying preserves and homemade biscuits to 'visit'?  Were they horses and buggies racing to carry doctors to save a sick baby? Were they slaves escaping tyranny under the shroud of darkness - carrying with them only the hope of freedom?  Were they lovers picking flowers in the spring or stealing kisses under the light of moon and stars?

I imagine the sounds of such lives and circumstances and hear their laughter, chatter, panic, and worry as time stands in layers one on top of another.

I hear them in my heart and am comforted knowing I walk in the footsteps of so many different lives.

I hear them calling to me, telling me their stories and secrets and it changes me.

Can you hear them?


I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

No comments: