Monday, September 08, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

I've got a cold, but the family still wants to eat - what's up with that?

The menu planning is such a help. I stay on track with our spending goals better and we eat better and healthier. I love sitting down around the table every night to an actual meal instead of to take-away. With the trying of new things we became a fine dining establishment and we now serve "whine" with every meal! I'm sure Toby will come around - eventually.

Last week went very well - the island chicken was delicious and easy. I adapted the recipe to our tastes and according to what we had on hand (didn't realize ahead of time that I was missing a couple of ingredients).

This week's menu is as follows:

Inside Out Bacon Cheese Burgers
Grilled Tuna w/Mixed Veggies
Pork Tenderloin w/Apple Stuffing & Egg Noodles (leaving out the fennel as we don't care for it)
Lemon Apple Baked Chicken w/Scalloped Potatoes
Black Beans & Rice w/diced Ham
Easy Spaghetti & Salad

Remember to check out other Menu Planning links on the Organizing Junkie site - these gals are REALLY creative; many have wonderful budgeting ideas as well.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

you got the whine, you just need a little cheese, eh?! LOL! We get that too...

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I have a yummy Asian pork tenderloin that is SO easy in the crock pot. We love it...the egg noodles are so yummy, aren't they?
I started a whole easy family dinners blog and just haven't had the time to get to it. Not good for a meal planner, right? :)