Monday, December 15, 2008

Menu Planning Monday


I need all the planning and help I can get as the holidays approach and menu planning is a life saver this week. In a season marked by tradition and family I focus on the tradition of bringing the family together at the dinner table. I look forward to a week without grab and go or answering "Where do you want to eat?" During a crazy busy time of year I cherish the indulgence of being HOME for dinner.

Sunday: Garlic-Cinnamon chicken with toasted pine-nut cous cous and mixed veggies (It was good!)

Monday: Black beans and smoked ham with rice, green salad, and apple sauce

Tuesday: Whole Wheat Penne Bolognese, salad, glazed carrots, and apple slices

Wednesday: Grilled Tuna, Mixed veggies & rice

Thursday: Tuscan Chicken and bean soup, carrot sticks, fruit

Friday: Steak, Baked potatoes, glazed carrots, fruit

Saturday: Homemade chicken pot pie (with fewer peas;-) and pineapple casserole

For lunches we'll have leftovers, homemade pizzas, PB & J, or soup.

What are you eating this week? What helps you stay sane during the holidays? I love to read your comments.

Please enjoy more menus HERE or by clicking the logo above.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

No comments: